Have you heard of Dooce?

|
This is too cute. A short re-post of the post "On having a daughter" from Dooce's blog (one of my faves). Especially in light of recent conversations my friends and I have been having about children (omg - are we really there yet?). Please read and enjoy:

Leta: "Mom, I love to read."

Me: "I know, Leta. I think that's awesome."

Leta: "My friend Hannah can't read."

Me: "It's okay that she can't read, Leta. Not all five-year-olds can read."

Leta: "No, she can't read because she's tall."

Me: "Oh, really? That's how it works?"

Leta: "She's tall, and I want to be tall and you never let me be tall!"

Me: "Whoa, hold on there."

Leta: "IT'S NOT FAIR! I JUST WANT TO BE TALL!"

Me: "Leta, I married the tallest one I could find. I DID MY PART."

Leta: "YOU NEVER LET ME DO ANYTHING!"

Me: "And have you seen my brother? He's six-foot-four! I've given you nothing BUT tall."

Leta: "WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BE TALL?!"

Me: "Are we seriously having this conversation?"

Leta: "ALL I EVER WANTED WAS TO BE TALL!"

Me: "Aren't you supposed to be busy throwing rocks at windows? Isn't that what most kids your age are doing? HERE, TAKE THIS PERMANENT MARKER. GO WRITE ON THE WALLS."


Her blog is amazing. Fantastically well written, like you get to be one of the family. Enjoy!


1 comments:

Leah Goldensohn said...

What they don't tell you is when you're tall you tend to hit your head on things a lot.
www.shadowedflower.blogspot.com

Post a Comment