Random Acts of Kindness Day

|
I've decided to see if I can start a new tradition for my Sundays: random-acts-of-kindness-day. Or at least prepare-some-random-acts-of-kindness-day.

Yesterday I set up two such little projects.

The first you already know about: bookcrossing.com. I registered seven different books that I want to read and release at some point, and I bought a nice cheap copy of The Secret Garden (and we all know how I love it) at Strand to release today. I'm going to leave it on the Pratt Campus benches in the middle of the lawn. I hope whoever finds it feels the love and enjoys the book.

The second project is inspired by something else I stumbled upon when I was in the subway (because amazing things always seem to happen in the subway). It was the tiniest sticker and I almost missed it even though it was right next to me. All it said was "because you exist" in rainbow bright letters, something like 11pt font. It was such a surprise, such an intimate moment, that I remember feeling like for a second I couldn't hear/think about anything else except that phrase. As if a sudden moment of peace was just handed to me.

So I've created my own little stickers. I hope I can give just one other person a moment like that with my tiny creations.

Pics!


She's all ready, look at her cute little postit - I bought some from the supply store because I think they are awesome, and I wanted to support the site. The only thing missing is her ziplock bag (gotta grab some at the store).

A note I wrote inside with a bookcrossing.com label glued in (free). I also wrote the ID number on the bottom of the book in marker.

A free pamphlet, just to let someone new know what's up.

Close up on my pile of stickers - I was really quick with the different colors so, no, they don't really make sense. I just wanted them to have a bit of sparkle.


:) (please, don't mind the couch...)

ps. If anyone anywhere wants a pdf of the 8.5 x 11 sheet to print out on their own sticker paper, just let me know.

pps. If anyone wants to do any of these little things and has any questions, just let me know.

5 comments:

Laura said...

you are AMAZING. I love you MADLY.

Laura said...

oh, yeah, and send me your stickers! I wanna see!

Laura said...

AND I just ordered my starter kit for the BookCrossing.

Unknown said...

very inspiring work you are doing - go! go! go!

Jacqueline L. said...

i want i want i want!

Post a Comment