Great, sincere, thanks.

|
oh my god. My life has totally changed.
All thanks to gmail.

First, to all those who still use an email client other than gmail...
WHY? stop. now. of all the free email clients you can use, gmail is the best. So use it.
You deserve the best free can buy you.

Ok, so a while ago, I was looking through the "labs" section of gmail and I saw this interesting lab called "tasks." I enabled it and then... I think I forgot all about it. Two days ago I happened across this lovely lab section again and I decided to take another look at the tasks option I now had. 

WHOA. amazing. It's the easy access, regularly seen, simple to use "task" list application I have been waiting for all of my life.

Now I'm not sure if it would feel like this for everyone. I just so happen to have a sad history of failed task list experiences:
Paper lists: fail. 
I always lose them. Or put them somewhere I never see again (just like my class notes). 
Outlook: fail. 
I actually don't like to open Microsoft programs on my Mac. 
iCal/iLife applications: fail. 
I'm never running the programs, I never look, and most of the time when I really want to see what I have to do, I'm not at my own computer. 
Various list&email sites: fail. 
I never know when I should specifically send a reminder. I don't want to have to go to some new site I've never really worked on before. And even if I do get reminders I never remember to keep looking at the e-mail. 

Also, how many of these options are actually all that pretty?

So now look at me. I'm so happy! Not only do I have an easy to use, perfectly placed task list (email really is the central hub of my online life), but there is this one small little feature of it that is already changing my life. 

When I get an email... I can add it to tasks. 

*gasp* 

Guys, really. I never have to worry about losing track of an email ever again (unless I mess up and it ends up in spam). All of the energy I used to have to put to keeping track of my tasks (let alone keeping track of the lists my tasks were on) I can now put towards DOING TASKS.

So thank you, gmail. For your perfectly placed task list. 
I really appreciate it.

Completely unrelated:
Here's a great youtube video, please watch and be amused.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog with smile :) ! visit my 2 pliz :)and I followed u pliz followed me 2 Pliz

Post a Comment