Do you know about BookCrossing.com?

|
I finally found one! A book from bookcrossing.com. Specifically: Lincoln: A Novel by Gore Vidal, which I am totally looking forward to reading. 

Bookcrossing.com is a fun program that lets you assign your books an identifican number and then "release" these books to share with the world "into the wild." By assigning it the number you can then track it though the website whenever someone picks it up. The book I found was "released" in Alexandria in the African American Heritage Park, which Atul and I happened to be walking through the other day. I am the first person to pick it up since it's been released. The person who released it said they did it in honor of Lincoln's 200th birthday.

I can't wait to release my own book when I get home, while I keep this one to read for a while (it's a big book). And I am writing this entry to encourage all my book-loving peeps to do the same and keep their eyes peeled, or at least check out the site

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool.

My parents have a dollar bill stamped with one of those "where has your dollar bill been" websites but they keep it around instead of passing it on.

Carol Matthews-Nicoli said...

well now... that's just silly. and totally the reason for the economy's craziness. :P

Post a Comment