This is how I can help... so here goes.

|


I know... I know... another video. 
And not really a fun one. 

So basically it's this scene in It's a Wonderful Life. A real live bank run. Except. Electronic. Where none of us can really see it happening except the people who track the records. And who knows how many people can make a run on the bank at once. I can barely conceptualize the amount of people who use Facebook. Who live on my street! No wonder this whole situation feels surreal.

So, I'm just wondering, if any of you have a moment, maybe this is something we could be thinking good thoughts at. It would seem that the economy, as a representation of our current concept of 'abundance', is suffering on all different levels. I'm thinking it might help to actively enact a stronger working model for 'abundance' in my life. To start, I'm going to take a look around and be grateful for one symbol of abundance. Right now it's these pillows. They are so bright and cozy. Both our pets look so happy, and warm... just good.

And I really think, somehow, that helped. Just thinking that. At least for me. I know my day is going to be a little better. Not to mention the fact that now, whenever someone mentions the economy, I'm going to be thinking of cute pets and pillows. I'm going to be a little less worried. 

p.s. Potter reminds me of Cheney 

3 comments:

Laura said...

love the p.s.

I was grateful today for some revenue that came in from a client. Not what I've been used to, but I caught myself thinking negatively. So I just said, No, I'm going to be grateful for this that came in.

Life is good, and it's not over yet.

Kate said...

Hi Carol...I'm a friend of your moms and she recommended that we all check your blog out...well, since I have been following your life through pictures and mom-stories, this was a natural...felt like I knew you already...now I get to hear YOUR voice about you!! What a treat..

all love, kate

Carol Matthews-Nicoli said...

Hi Kate!

Thank you for checking out my blog and enjoying it!
Please stop by anytime. :)

love,
Carol

Post a Comment