I'm watching Obama's first press conference

|
I'm really very impressed with whitehouse.gov. I can't believe I'm actually looking at a government website that seems to give me actual news. I actually feel educated after reading the blog, listening to the addresses, etc - instead of feeling unsure. 

Particularly interesting to me was this post. Both because the word "sunlight" next to the word "lawmaking" confused the hell out of me (I spent minutes thinking Obama really cared about his lawn), and also because I can't wait to try my hand at reading the laws-in-the-making and having comments to make about them.

It's taking me a little time to really feel like my government can actually be "transparent," but I can't tell you how much I look forward to the day transparency feels normal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment