Tweeted questions

|
This is awesome:

Seriously. Social media tells us so much about people. For example: I quickly glanced through that graphic and I noticed that people tend to talk way more about the team losing rather than winning. I even noticed myself, as I was dragging the curser through the game, I started routing for the Cardinals to win. I don't know a thing about either team. And I doubt I will at any point, but I do know that for about the 30 seconds that I was following this graphic I wanted them to win. 

Two questions:
Why do we like to talk so much about the losing team?
Why, when I had nothing else to consider, did I want the losing team to win?

I'm thinking it's just more interesting to be in the middle of a problem.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

In this case, it's the "root for the underdog" complex, which means that you 1) feel sorry for the losing team and 2) want them to win because it's more satisfying to see someone overcome the odds. Kind of like how you would like to see David defeat Goliath.

Post a Comment